Dr. Berman embodies the University’s values of active citizenship and internationalism through his experience as a Peace Corps physician in India and a consultant to the U.S. Agency for International Development on several projects. He has effectively used that experience to promote a global health agenda for the Medical School.
A graduate of Harvard College and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Dr. Berman served as a resident on the Harvard Medical Service of Boston City Hospital and at Tufts-New England Medical Center, and completed an infectious disease fellowship at Tufts-New England Medical Center. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
- Harris Berman
- Dean Ad Interim of the School of Medicine
- A.B., Cum laude, Harvard College (1960); M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons (1964)
- Interim Dean, Tufts University School of Medicine; Professor of Public Health and Community Medicine, School of Medicine
Former Positions & Professorships
- Vice Dean for Academic and Clinical Affairs, Tufts University School of Medicine (2008-09);?Dean of Public Health and Professional Degree Programs, TUSM (2004-2008); Chair, Department of Public Health and Family Medicine, TUSM (2003-2008); Clinical Professor of Medicine, TUSM (1986-2008); Chief Executive Officer, Tufts Health Plan (1986-2003); Executive Director and Co-founder, Matthew Thornton Health Plan (1971-1986)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (1971-present); Member, Governor’s Blue Ribbon Health Care Task Force, Massachusetts (2000-2002)
Related Web Sites