- Skip to navigation
- Skip to content
- Skip to sidebar
Related Material for the Tufts University Forum on Race, Inequality and Action
- “We Can’t Ignore the Link Between Ferguson and Those Attica Prison Guards’ Brutality.” The Root, Peniel Joseph, Mar. 4, 2015.
- “How Science Is Helping America Tackle Police Racism.” Wired, Marcus Woo, Jan. 21, 2015.
- “’Selma’ Backlash Misses The Point.” NPR, Peniel Joseph, Jan. 10, 2015.
- “In Ferguson.” The New York Review of Books, Darryl Pinckney, Jan. 8, 2015.
- “Police Kill Black Women All The Time, Too — We Just Don’t Hear About It.” Bustle, Evette Dionne, Dec. 8, 2014.
- “Black Bodies, Broken Worlds.” Counterpunch, Vijay Prashad, Dec. 8, 2014.
- “Barack Obama and Ferguson: The cost of being the reluctant black president.” Reuters, Peniel Joseph, Nov. 26, 2014.
- “Opinion: Finding the Real Unrest in Ferguson.” Newsweek, Peniel Joseph, Nov. 25, 2014.
- “Ferguson Is a Wake-Up Call That We Are Not Post-Racial.” The Root, Peniel Joseph, Nov. 25, 2014.
- “Black And Unarmed: Women And Girls Without Weapons Killed By Law Enforcement.” Role Reboot, Khadijah Costley White, Aug. 12 2014.
- “Professors Are Prejudiced, Too.” The New York Times, Dolly Chugh, Katherine L. Milkman and Modupe Akinola, May 9, 2014.
- “Black Women Are Killed by Police, Too.” Dame Magazine, Kirsten West Savali.
- Everyday Illegal: When Policies Undermine Immigrant Families, Joanna Dreby, 2015.
- Just Mercy, Brian Stephenson, 2014.
- Wrong Place Wrong Time, John Rich, 2011.
- Immigration Nation: Raids, Detentions, and Deportations in Post-9/11 America, Tanya Maria Golash-Boza, 2012.
- Due Process Denied: Detentions and Deportations in the United States (Framing 21st Century Social Issues), Tanya Golash-Boza, 2012.
- The Other Wes Moore, Wes Moore, 2010.
- The Deportation Regime, Nicholas De Genova, 2010.
- “#BlacklivesMatter – A Challenge to Medical and Public Health Communities.” The New England Journal of Medicine, Mary T. Bassett, M.D., M.P.H., 2015.
- “Bias, Black Lives, and Academic Medicine.” The New England Journal of Medicine, David A. Ansell, M.D., M.P.H., and Edwin K. McDonald, M.D., 2015.
- “The Burden of Deportation on Children in Mexican Immigrant Families.” Journal of Marriage and Family. Joanna Dreby, 2012.
- “Somewhere between Jim Crow & Post-Racialism: Reflections on the Racial Divide in America Today.” Daedalus, Lawrence Bobo, 2011.
- “Incarceration & Social Inequality.” Daedalus, Bruce Western and Becky Pettit, 2010.
- “To Avert the Next Ferguson, Reschedule Elections to Make Local Politics More Representative.” Scholar Strategy Network, Zoltan Hajnal, UC San Diego, 2015.
- “The Making of Ferguson.” Economic Policy Institute, Richard Rothstein, Oct. 15, 2014.
- “How Harsh Policing and Mass Imprisonment Create Second-Class American Citizens.” Scholar Strategy Network, Amy E. Lerman, UC Berkley and Vesla M. Weaver, Yale, 2014.
- “The Growth of Incarceration in the United States—Causes, Consequences, and Proposed Reform.” Scholar Strategy Network, Bruce Western, Harvard, 2014.
- “How Discrimination Hurts Health and Personal Wellbeing.” Scholar Strategy Network, Eric A. Grollman, University of Richmond, 2014.
- “How America’s Engorged Prison and Surveillance System Threatens Civic Trust and Democracy.” Scholar Strategy Network, Joe Soss, University of Minnesota, 2014.
- “What Scholars Know – And Need to Learn – About the Social Effects of Mass Incarceration.” Scholar Strategy Network, Kristin Turney, UC Irvine, 2014.
- “Mass Imprisonment and Growing Distrust in the Law.” Scholar Strategy Network, Christopher Muller, Columbia, 2014.
- “Children of Imprisoned Parents and the Future of Inequality in the United States.” Scholar Strategy Network, Sara Wakefield, Rutgers and Christopher Wildman, Yale, 2013.
- “How U.S. Urban Unrest in the 1960s Can Help Make Sense of Ferguson, Missouri, and Other Recent Protests.” Scholar Strategy Network, Ashley M. Howard, Loyola University, 2012.
- “The Deportation Crisis for Latino Immigrant Men and Their Families.” Scholar Strategy Network, Tanya Golash-Boza, UC Merced, 2012.
- “Legal Violence in the Lives of Immigrants: How Immigration Enforcement Affects Families, Schools, and Workplaces.” Center for American Progress, Cecilia Menjívar and Leisy Abrego, 2012.
- “Black, Brown, and Targeted.” ACLUM.