Institute for Global Leadership
- Prepares new generations of critical thinkers for effective and ethical national and international leadership. The mission of the Institute is accomplished through its intensive engagement of students in classes, global research, internships, workshops, simulations and international symposia — all involving national and international leaders from both the public and private sectors.
- Offers academic programs for college undergraduates, high school students, alumni and adult learners. Hosts a variety of international conferences, all of which aid in facilitating and promoting international understanding. The European Center is based on the University’s campus in Talloires, France.
- Improves humanitarian, relief and refugee efforts in times of famine, war and complex emergencies.
- Creates an academic environment for the promotion of greater understanding of the rich heritage of the Eastern Mediterranean, and of the significant challenges this region faces at the beginning of the 21st century.
- Promotes scholarly understanding of South Asian history, political economy, and foreign policy, as well as the civilization and economy of the Indian Ocean region.
- Integrates emerging science, engineering, and business concepts with more traditional subjects such as economics, international law and policy, negotiation, diplomacy, resource management and governance systems to provide an interdisciplinary approach to education at The Fletcher School.