Ethics-related resources and programs at Tufts University:
- Programs and Groups
- Scholarship and Research
- Business and Administration
- Faculty Scholarship
- Recalling Principles of Biomedical Ethics & Professionalism
This list is not comprehensive. Please inform us if there are additional resources, programs and groups that could be included here, by submitting information via our contact page . Thank you.
A comprehensive list of Tufts University policies and procedures can be found here .
The Experimental College at Tufts University – Regularly offers courses regarding how ethics pertains to various fields (e.g. Business Ethics)
The Office of the Vice Provost (OVP) administers, encourages, and facilitates research at the University, including implementing the University’s research policies.
The Research and Scholarship Misconduct Hotline – Tufts University has instituted a 24-hour hotline on which complaintants may leave an anonymous message in order to report an allegation of research or scholarship misconduct.
- Academic Freedom
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy (TUSM)
- Conflict of Commitment Policy
- Fair Use of Copyrighted Information
- Intellectual Property Policy
- Radiation Safety
- Research Compliance Offices
- Research Involving Animals
- Research Involving Humans
- Research Policies
The EthicsPoint Auditing Service – Tufts University has established a 24-hour, independent hotline on which complaintants may leave an anonymous message in order to report suspicions of business misconduct within the University.
Audit and Management Advisory Service – Independently and objectively reviews Tufts University operations to strengthen effectiveness in governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
Finance Policy on Regulatory Compliance – Tufts University views compliance with federal, state and local regulatory matters as a serious obligation. Employees should become familiar with any pertinent regulations which govern teaching, research and administrative activities in his or her area of responsibility.
Sheldon Krimsky, Department of Urban and Environmental Planning, School of Arts and Sciences
- The Moral Education of Journal Editors, Academe: Magazine of the AAUP, Sheldon Krimsky
- Science in the Sunshine, Ethics in Biology, Engineering, & Medicine – An International Journal, Sheldon Krimsky
Father David O’Leary, University Chaplain