- Tufts CTSI accelerates translation of laboratory research into clinical use, medical practice and health policy. It connects people to research resources, consultation, and education, and fosters collaboration with scholars of all disciplines and with community members, with the ultimate goal of improving the health of the public.
- Educates and transforms technical professionals into technical leaders who have the ability to manage new technologies and develop products that meet the needs of a rapidly changing global marketplace.
Science and Technology Center
- Conducts state-of-the-art, high energy and condensed matter research for the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, the Gordon Institute, the Center for Science and Mathematics Teaching, and the Dudley Wright Center for Science Education.
- Improves the teaching and learning of science in the nation’s schools and universities; develops curricula, software, and hardware computer tools that allow students to actively participate in their own learning.
- Dedicated to creating and sharing novel instructional techniques and interdisciplinary resources for pre-college teachers of science and mathematics.
- Designed to advance the fundamental basis and clinical aspects of tissue engineering, to provide training for investigators and dissemination of scientific findings and new techniques.
- Provides strategic information for drug developers, regulators, and policy markers on improving the quality and efficiency of pharmaceutical research, development and utilization.
- Supports the undergraduate engineering curriculum; a project center that enables students to take their projects from the initial idea stage to the final product and presentation.
- Strives to heal, comfort, teach, learn and seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
- Investigates common biologic themes in the adaptation responses of eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells to environmental signals and hazards.
- Promotes research in digestive diseases.
- Studies the molecular mechanisms of human disease and the strategies for diagnosis and therapy.
- Coordinates the efforts of experts in different fields working on empirical and conceptual problems of cognition and related topics and focuses on the elaboration and confirmation of a theory of human consciousness, including neuropsychological, psycholinguistic, and artificial intelligence models of both normal and pathological phenomena of consciousness.
Center for Field Analytical Studies and Technology
- Facilitates the research, development, commercialization, and use of new field analytical techniques, establishes an environment for instrument development and validation, and organizes educational programs that encourage the use of new field technologies.
- Focuses on thermal issues in materials processing by combining expertise in heat transfer, fluid mechanics, materials science and manufacturing; conducts state-of-the-art interdisciplinary research and educates professionals for careers in this rapidly growing multidisciplinary area.
- Creates programs and projects that use the framework of applied developmental science to promote healthy, positive development among diverse children, adolescents, families, and communities.
- Supports research and educational activities conducted by more than 30 vision scientists at Tufts and Tufts-New England Medical Center; fosters collaborative interaction and translational research; and attracts well-trained scientists to do research on the visual system and its diseases.
- The TCRDB is home to basic and translational research using interdisciplinary approaches to make fundamental advances in regeneration, cancer, and birth defects. The TCRDB integrates molecular physiology, cell biology, developmental genetics, biophysics, computer science, and engineering to understand the storage and processing of information in living tissues.