- Focuses on the health relationships occurring at the interface of humans, animals, and ecosystems.
- Promotes the welfare of animals and improves human/animal relationships. Students and faculty investigate a broad range of issues and research topics, including pet overpopulation, veterinary forensics, wildlife management policies and professional ethics.
- Promotes a better understanding of how societies can pursue their economic and community goals in an environmentally and socially sustainable manner.
- Focuses on environmental research, technology, policy development, and education to improve environmental quality as it relates to human health.
- Promotes the stewardship of water resources for sustainable use and human and ecological health through research, education, and outreach activities.
- WE REASoN emphasizes interdisciplinary collaborative partnership to address contemporary problems of environmental hydrology focusing on scarcity and abundance of water. An overreaching goal of the REASON center is how to conceptually and quantitatively relate issues of scales within the context of “Act locally but think globally.”
For a full list of centers and institutes at Tufts University view the Tufts University Fact Book.