The 2013 Teaching Conference was a great success!
Over 150 people attended various events, such as the keynote presentation, panel presentation, multiple workshops, and poster reception.
Be sure to check back in September for information on the 2014 conference, which will be held in December on the Grafton campus!
Some quotes from participants include:
- Daniel Willingham’s talk was fantastic—great to know research on learning and memory. I learned a lot to apply in my courses and in my own research and learning.
- I will think more about how and why students learn and will not take for granted things that I did in the past.
- I will try to focus my classroom activities based on what I learned in the keynote.
- The conference forced some self-evaluation of my teaching habits. This yielded some reinforcement of my current practices and more re-evaluation of ideas not reinforced.
- I learned to look critically at how to get the students more involved with their learning in an active way.
- I feel as though I walked away with a knowledge that the process of learning is best to teach/lay as a foundation to students versus getting through all the content learning objectives.
Past University-wide Conferences
23rd University-wide Teaching Conference 2009
22nd University-wide Teaching Conference 2008
For a list of other National Teaching Conferences beyond Tufts please visit here.