Monday, October, 1st, 2012 General Announcements
Dear Members of the Tufts Community,
I am excited to announce that today we are launching a university-wide strategic planning initiative, Tufts: The Next 10 Years (T10). A strategic plan is an opportunity for all of us, as a community, to rediscover our already great university and its role in the world. It is an initiative to recognize our strengths and confront our challenges, while defining an aspirational future for Tufts and the resources necessary to achieve our goals.
I hope you take the opportunity to learn more about the strategic planning initiative and how it will affect the future direction of Tufts University. As we embark on this initiative, I invite you to view a video message from President Monaco and me at http://strategicplan.tufts.edu/. This link is also your gateway to the strategic planning initiative website. It will be a continuing source of information about the evolution of the plan as we work together to identify university-wide strategic challenges, opportunities, and goals.
President Monaco and I are eager to hear your reactions and answer your questions about the T10 strategic planning initiative. There will be ample opportunities to get involved. For example, you can provide feedback by using the “Submit a Comment” link on the website http://strategicplan.tufts.edu/. You can also attend one of the three upcoming town hall meetings that will take place on:
– Boston campus: Wednesday, October 3, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., School of Dental Medicine, Merritt Auditorium
– Medford/Somerville campus: Wednesday, October 3, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Fletcher School, ASEAN Auditorium, Cabot Building
– Grafton campus: Thursday, November 1, 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Agnes Varis Auditorium
If you are unable to attend these meetings, please feel free to submit your questions in advance by emailing the Provost’s Office at email@example.com. The Boston meeting will be webcast live at http://webcast.tufts-emc.org/Tufts-ak1.html and archived on the T10 strategic planning website.
I will also be holding office hours throughout the semester:
Boston Campus Office Hours: 75 Kneeland Street, Suite 950
– Wednesday, October 10, 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
– Wednesday, December 12, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Medford/Somerville Campus Office Hours: Ballou Hall, 2nd Floor
– Friday, October 12, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
– Monday, November 19, 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
– Wednesday, December 12, 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Grafton Campus Office Hours: Dean’s Conference Room, Jean Mayer Administration Building
– Monday, December 3, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
The year ahead promises to be an exhilarating one. President Monaco and I look forward to working with you to develop a university-wide strategic plan that will guide Tufts over the next 10 years.
Provost and Senior Vice President